What’s in your package? Shipping hazardous materials can be tricky, and its not always obvious what is and isn’t considered a dangerous good.
As the holidays get closer we try to bring to everyone’s attention the dangers of some everyday household products that can be hazardous and or dangerous.
Common household goods that are hazardous to ship include (but are not limited to);
- Aerosol sprays (ex; Hair spray, sun screen)
- Alcohol (Including items with high alcohol contents, spirits, and beer)
- Essential Oils
- Ammunition and gun powders
- Hand sanitizer
- Dry Ice
- Nail polish and nail polish remover
- Fragrances (perfume or cologne)
- Lithium Batteries
- Wood Treatments
If in doubt please ask before you ship! Shipping hazardous materials is possible in some situations, but in most cases it takes special licenses to ship Hazardous / Dangerous goods. Just because they shipped it to you, doesn’t always mean we can ship it back.
For more information you can read more on the DOT’s website here
Parcel Room – Your Neighborhood Shipping Center